For a virtual tour of the cottage please follow this link
Shepherds Cottage is a self-catering properties on the outskirts of Beadnell village. It is e a 15 minute walk from the beautiful Beadnell Bay and has sea views and views of the Cheviot Hills.
Shepherds Cottage is set in its own grounds sleeps up to 10 people and has 4 large bedrooms with King sized beds and 2 (3ft 6) put up beds for additional guests. The rooms at Shepherds Cottage are all on one level.
Shepherds Cottage was built around 1890 and The Bothy was around 1950
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 07964939397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the directions on our website. Alternatively you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.theaa.com/route-planner/; simply add your postcode and ours, which is NE67 5AD to get directions.
- Nearest station to Beadnell – Chathill Railway Station, Chathill, Northumberland, NE67 5DE. Only by a very limited number of local services to and from Newcastle upon Tyne. There are no direct connections between Chathill and stations further north. GNER Eastcoast mainline station Berwick-upon-Tweed is around 20 miles away, staffed and able to provide assistance to all destinations. Eastcoast mainline line station Alnwick and Almouth is around 10 miles away.
- Shopping – There is a village shop in Beadnell (2 mins in car/15 mins walk) and it provides your basic groceries etc. In Seahouses (2 miles along the road) there is a large Co op store. Asda and Sainsburys deliver to the cottages and the nearest Sainsburys is Alnwick just off the A1 north of the cottages
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- We will meet you at the cottages with the key on your arrival, if we are unable to do so we will contact you prior to your arrival and give you the code to access the key safe box.
- Shepherds Cottage has parking for up to 5 cars, 2 on the front of the property and 3 at the side of the property through the gate.
- The parking area is tarmac with some slight uneven areas
Entrance to Property
- Although there is a front door, the main entrance to Shepherds Cottage is on the side of the cottage. There is a paved area leading up to the door.
- The floor covering is carpeted with a rug over the top
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- The entrance hallway is well lit and leads through one doorway into the kitchen with a small step and through another doorway into a corridor, there is a small step of 2″ down into the corridor
- The flooring in the corridor is carpeted
- The passage way leading from the lounge into the front bedroom as a small step, 2″ down into a tiled passage with a rug on the floor.
- The lounge is situated between the dining room and the front bedroom. There are two steps up from the dining room into the lounge which are carpeted.
- The lounge has two large sofas, a footstool and a window seat.
- The furniture can be moved
- There is a small round coffee table and a nest a tables
- There is a wide screen TV and DVD player with remote controls
- Lighting is natural daylight and by night there is sufficient wall lights and lamps
- A rug is in front of the wood burning stove
- The Conservatory leads off the dining room also with a small 3″ step down into it.
- It is a large spacious room with a stone tiled floor.
- There is a large corner sofa, reclining chair and cushioned storage box
- A 14 seater dining table is located in the conservatory
- French doors lead from the conservatory down 3 large steps onto the patio area
- The Dining room is located next to the kitchen with doorways from the hall, kitchen, conservatory and lounge.
- The dining table seats 8 people and is oval in shape
- The dining chairs are wood with cushioned seats, some with arms and some without
- There is a fire place with electric wood effect fire
- Floor is carpeted
- Lighting is natural daylight and at night, wall lights and lamps are sufficient for lighting
- The kitchen has a linoleum floor
- A large kitchen table with wooden chairs – all movable
- Sufficient walkway space around the table
- There is a rangemaster cooker with two ovens and 6 electric hob rings
- There is an under bench fridge and an american fridge freezer with ice and water dispenser.
- There is an under bench dishwasher
- Access to the back garden is available through the kitchen back door which leads into a small carpeted passage and then out of the back door down 3 large steps with a handrail to assist you
- Access into the back garden is also available around the side of the cottage which does not have any steps
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- There is 1 bedroom with zip link super king bed located at the front of the house. This room has built in wardrobes and an en-suite bathroom. The other 3 bedrooms are located at the side/back of the house down a corridor. Each room has a king sized bed. Two of the bedrooms have french doors with a small step which lead out onto a small decking area. all the bedrooms have en-suite facilities.
- All bedrooms have good overhead lighting, bedside lamps and a lamp on the dressing tables.
- 3 of the bedrooms have alarm clocks
- All bedrooms are carpeted with cream flecked carpeting
- Walls are in keeping with the cottage and are floral wallpaper
- 3ft6″ put up beds are used for additional guests and can be placed in any room requested.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- The bathroom at the front of the house has a jacuzzi bath with overhead shower, toilet, bidet and wash basin.
- The other 3 bathrooms have a walk in shower, toilet and washbasin
- Only one bathroom has a small step down into it, the other 3 bathrooms are step free
- Good lighting provided in all bathrooms
- The utility room is located off the entrance hallway near the kitchen and is tiled flooring
- There is an under bench washing machine and dryer
- The Microwave is located in the utility
- There is a sink and drainer
- The boiler is located in a cupboard within the utility
- Single ceiling light
- There is a paved patio area accessible from the conservatory, kitchen and the side of the house.
- There is rattan furniture on the patio which seats 12 and rattan patio table and chairs
- A small step leads off the patio onto the lawn or 2 steps lead off the patio into a paved area into the games room
- The garden is fenced off making it secure for children and pets
- There is a revolving summer house in the garden
- Steppy stones lead to an indoor BBQ hut
- French doors lead into a games room located in the garden which is very spacious and hosts, snooker table, pool table, table tennis, darts, 40″ TV and Wii and plenty of games
- There are 2 comfy sofas and 3 bean bag seats/beds
- 4 good energy saving radiators and plenty of natural daylight and lighting for the night time
- The indoor BBQ hut is set on a small decking area with small step up
- Has seating for up to 15 with BBQ in centre
- Installing security lights at the back of the Bothy
- Installing driveway lights
|Address (Inc postcode):||The Nynes Hepscott Morpeth Northumberland NE61 6LQ|
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.